Center for Housing & Financial Empowerment
The Urban League’s Center for Housing and Financial Empowerment (CHFE) department empowers families with tools and information to help combat housing inequalities. The CHFE department offers comprehensive housing counseling services to help equip families with the knowledge and support necessary to address their housing goals, improve their financial situation and avoid experiencing the crisis of mortgage foreclosures. Our clients gain the financial literacy necessary to obtain and maintain, safe, decent, stable, clean, and affordable housing.
The Center for Housing & Financial Empowerment department’s counselors are nationally certified housing professionals who achieve outstanding results in these areas:
- Financially-In-Tune (FIT) Budget and Credit Group Education
- Homebuyer Education (group class)
- Homeownership Counseling
- Rental Readiness Counseling (1-on-1)
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling (1-on-1)
- Start Fresh!
- And a host of other 1-on-1 counseling and group education classes. Find out more HERE.
- Fair Housing Pre- Purchase Education Workshops
- Budget and Credit Counseling
- Non- Delinquency Post-Purchase Workshops
- Predatory Lending Education Workshops
- Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling
- Financial Management/Budget & Credit Counseling